Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Life with 3 under 5

How is life with 3 under the age of five?  Absolutely wonderful!  I couldn’t be loving it more! The big girls are a great help they are both little mommies, and the baby is just the sweetest thing under the sun!  Now I am not saying that times don’t get tough, because they do but, hands down, the good outweighs the bad.  I really wouldn’t even consider those times bad, they are just times when Mommy gets a chance to talk to God more, and times that I can practice myself control. 

I am thankful that I have a Lord and Savior that listens to my every prayer.  I have always been in need of control,  it is just way too easy for me to “fly off the handle” but we have been working on this and I feel good!  I do still have my moments where I need to step away but I can definitely see an improvement.  I ran across a blog the other day about a mother that has gone 1 whole year, 365 days without raising her voice at her children.  I could only imagine what that would be like, right now, but I am surely going to work at it.  My Addie is such a sweet soul, I feel like I am destroying a bit of that every time I yell at her and it absolutely crushes me to see that in her eyes.  And God, being so forgiving and gracious sends her sweetness right back to my lap every time.  I am so thankful for second chances because the Lord knows that I need them over and over again.  Cara, she’s special, she’s strong, but she’s sweet.  I think that the reason she bucks at us so much is because we cut her down so quickly without hearing her out.  This new movement will hopefully cure this ailment in our household as well.

If you had asked me years and years ago I would have never thought that I would LOVE having 3 girls like I do, but yet again the Lord knows best and He has given me a gift not many can say they have.  I could not express to you enough how much I am loving having 3 girls, LOVE THEM!!  I don’t think I could have a boy, just knowing how different they are.  Did I mention that seeing my husband be so involved in these little girl’s lives just makes me fall in love with him even more?!!  HE is a real man.  He is so amazing,  I just can’t describe how amazing he really is!!  There is no way that I could put into words how thankful I am for him, he makes life so easy for us and I know that he secretly takes on more so that I am not overwhelmed.  I don’t deserve him.

I did go back to work at the beginning of the month and Chris has been staying at home with the girls,  it’s kinda great, for me, hopefully for him too.  The baby is up promptly at 5:30/6 every morning  which gives me time to get some stuff done, because after she eats she goes right back to sleep usually until after I am gone. Chris and the girls come see me periodically during the day so that I can nurse Eva and then I am home for lunch, which is usually prepared and waiting on me when I get there.  Then dinner when I get home, clothes are washed, house is clean and dishes are done.  He’s super daddy!  I know that it’s probably not what he was expecting life to be like, but it sorta seems like his calling, cause he’s sorta super great at being a daddy/house husband…

I knew that it would be easier with 3, not only that but it is just WAY more fun.  I am so full!  Blessed.

No comments: