Friday, February 4, 2011

36 Weeks

Well we are now in our weekly rotation, we had our 36 week check up on Tuesday and the Dr. says we look just perfect on paper.  My blood pressure was up a bit for my liking, but still in good standing with everyone else at 130/70.  Gazoo is still measuring good, head down and ready for the pushin', well sort of I guess...  I am only 1 cm dilated and slightly thinned, so I probably have at lease 2 more weeks to go.  Her heart rate was steady at 130/131 very strong sounding (for a boy) j/k.  I gained 3lbs last week, so it looks as though we are going to have a big one on our hands, a very big one!  Although the Dr. is very pleased with my weight gain and that so far it has been under 30lbs, I still feel as if I have gained more this pregnancy.  I am definitely not as swollen as I was with Addie and I am carrying all out in front instead of all over like Addie, but it could just be my age difference and that I have a toddler to chase around that I am feeling so different.  Very excited to meet this little bundle yet so unprepared, but can a second time mother really ever be prepared? 

This week my work threw me a surprise baby shower, it was really the sweetest thing!  The break room looked awesome with all of the decorations.  They even invited Chris, Mama, Allison, Sara Beth and Addie.  Chris wasn't able to make it because his lunch didn't fall until after the shower ended, but everyone else was and it was so nice to have them here.  They invited the whole CU so there were all kinds of people from other departments that came down and brought us gifts, even some Senior Management!  What a great place I work for and bunch of people I work with, I just love it here!!  We got all kinds of great stuff, so much we still haven't had a chance to go through all of it.  Some of the ladies even got gifts for Addie to open, she got a new baby doll (which she loves bathing in Gazoo's new bath tub), a shirt and a rain coat.  We couldn't be more blessed with people who really loves us all the way around!

No comments: