Tuesday, January 25, 2011

22 Months

It is hard to believe that in just 2 months I will be the mother of a 2 yr old, not to mention a mother of two!  Let me just tell you how amazing this almost 2 year old really is...

Not only is she polite and I mean really polite, just this morning we were sitting in the den when evidently she burped (I didn't hear it or even realize until...) she started patting her chest saying "scuse me, burp, scuse me".  When Chris or I burp, yep she is right there saying "scuse me" until we say it too.  She says "thanks" constantly with out prompting, even when she is given a compliment (if she isn't being shy) she will jump right out with a smile and the sweetest "thanks" you have ever heard.  Of course if she needs by you and you have to move in the slightest there is a "scuse me" that precedes her moving you out of the way.  "Yes Sir" is pretty good, but still needs a bit of work.  "Please", well what can I say, please it just the cherry on the top when she looks at me and says "juice please" or just plain "pleeeease".  And to think I was worried that teaching her manors was going to be difficult, nope she is polite like it is second nature. 

In a matter of days her vocabulary and jumped to a whole nother level, she has had a pretty strong growing vocabulary since around 15 months, but in the last week alone I believe she has added at least 50 words(if not WAY more).  Not only can she communicate with us through her one word statements, but this week alone she has triumphed in putting her words together.  It started slow around the beginning of last week, now it's "ready, set, go" "hold hat, please"  "night, night Daddy" "Oh, no what happened" "Where's my kitty" "No Mommy"  "Love You"  "Bye, Bye Friends" and so much more at a rate so fast I can't even remember enough to document. 

She can count to 16 with the exception of 1 and 15, but those are just technicalities (right?).  She can recognize the number 8 when she sees it on something.  Her knowledge of the alphabet is slightly complete, well she can sing "ABC" but when she is looking at letters she knows A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,K,L,M,O,P,S,W,X,and Y.  I am not unhappy with this from my nearly 2 year old,  I had no clue that kids even learned this stuff this early. 

She knows the colors, red, blue, yellow, green, pink, purple, brown, black and white

She teaches me so much every day,  my cup runneth over with this little bit of heaven living with us right here on earth.  God must have BIG plans for her and I can just tell she knows it and she is ready for whatever He has in store! 

So is she ready to be a big sister in 5 weeks, well only time will tell, but she sure does love the baby.  She tries her hardest to feed her (through my belly button of course), she is always concerned if she is cold or not and doesn't go a day without giving her some sort of loving.  We went to visit one of my co-workers the other day who just had a baby at the end of December, I was able to hold him for maybe 4 min while Addie was distracted by the cat before she freaked out saying "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" while trying to push his feet away.  I have a feeling that Daddy is gonna get a lot of new baby time when it comes down to it.  I told him the other day he better start learning how to breast feed...

Addie is really good with her opposites, for a while now she has known when something is not hot it is cold, but now she opens and closes doors and turns lights off and on to make it dark and light.

I am so proud of how my little booger is turning out, she is so grown up and though I am proud that she is becoming so independent  I long for those moments when she opens up her arms and says "hold".

No comments: