Thursday, June 25, 2009

Corporate Pricks

So this week I have early drive thru, and for those of you that don't know what that is I come in at 7:15 to open the branch and leave at 4:15 getting exactly 40 hrs for the week. Well Yesterday the babysitter needed to be off by 4:30 well that was not a problem, I told her that would be fine especially since I knew that I was getting off at 4:15. There has been a crack down on overtime lately so what reason would I have to think otherwise?? Well that was just stupid thinking on my part...

It never fails...

So one of the TCD s messed up and was showing out of balance on the system which means they had to physically balance it. By this time I was already closed so really there was nothing more that I could have done, I stood around for a bit so the other teller wasn't by herself, but 4:20 rolled around and I had to go. (I couldn't leave Addie without care, duh) and my manager just stands there and says (as I walk out the door) "can we work with just one teller". I knew he would turn to that, and that is why I left without saying a word. I'm sorry, normally I wouldn't have had a problem with hanging for a while, I love some overtime, BUT I wasn't notified, therefore I had previous engagements.

So this morning in our meeting, guess what was brought up...leaving early when there is only one teller. Now how do we keep down on the overtime, when he doesn't want us to leave early.


Idiot.

No comments: