Sunday, October 9, 2011

What starts with...

As we were sitting in a parking lot there is a car parked beside us with a West Virginia emblem on the window. So I asked Addie what the letters were and she told me. then I asked what starts with W, she said watermelon with out even thinking about it! I was so proud, satisfied, I left it at that when she decided to offer up more of her knowledge and tell me that  v makes the vuh sound. I told her she was right and how smart I thought she was. So when Chris got back to the car I was telling him the story and he asked her what starts with V, she thought for a moment and said vacation. Huh, yep, vacation starts with V. I didn't ask her to begin with because I didn't think she would know the answer, I mean V is a hard letter. Guess I learned my lesson, maybe V  is just a hard letter for me. ;-)


Later on down the road we stopped for a potty break and I asked her what her favorite letter was she thought a moment and said L, well with the previous happenings I asked her what started with the letter L, to which she replied lion.

So much for a 5th grader, anyone have any ideas on how to be smarter than your 2 year old?

No comments: