Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jesus Loves Addie

When traveling for long distances, usually 1-2 hours in Addie starts complaining about her leg hurting (and has since she was about 9 months old).  I mentioned it to the Dr. during Cara's 2 month well visit and she insisted that we make a separate appointment without Cara with us to have her checked out because we would have to do x-rays and other tests.  I have to say this kind of worried me because I was just expecting her to say oh it's just a pinched nerve and we would just have to stop more frequently when traveling. 

So I made an appointment for 2 days later, just Addie and I went.  When we got there she checked her back and legs to make sure everything is in line, had a bag put on her to catch her urine and sent us to have x-rays and blood work.  She was such a good girl letting them put that most uncomfortable bag on her.  Then we got to the imaging place and she did great laying real still for the pictures that they took of her abdomen and down her right side.  While we were waiting for the Dr. to take a look at the pictures to make sure that we got what we needed, Addie pooped.  Not wanting her to hang out in it, we ran back to the Dr.'s office before heading to the lab for blood work.  The nurse removed her bag, but we couldn't use the urine since she had pooped at the same time, so she put another one on her. 

When then got back in the car and headed towards the lab, while circling the cluster of dr.'s offices trying to find the right one I started getting a little apprehensive over what might be wrong with my sweet little girl to cause her so much pain.  Not to mention the fact that she was about to have to have blood drawn.  Addie can take a shot like a champ, but having your blood drawn is so different, it isn't over just as quick as it happens like a shot...So I said a little prayer that she might be able to have her blood drawn without any major issues.  Plus I don't want her to have issues in the future, you know one bad experience can cause the future shots etc. to be a bit more difficult... all of a sudden Addie break out into song "Jesus loves me, I know, Jesus loves Addie"  Can we say tears!!!  Lord Jesus you are so good and always right where we need you the most, Thank You!

We find the lab and head in, as we sit down the lab tech asks "has she ever had blood drawn before?"  after I said "no" we both look at each other with the same look as we know what is about to go down and how will she handle it(probably not well).  She explains to Addie what she is going to do as she is doing it and then the needle comes out.  The tech sticks it in her, about 45 seconds and she cries for about 45 seconds, then stops.  She did not move an inch!!!  Staying perfectly still the ENTIRE time even while she was crying, then she just watched as the tech took 4 vials!!  God what did I ever do to deserve such an amazing little girl?!  Not that I am questioning our Father's decisions, I am so grateful, as well as SUPER PROUD!!!  She got a hot pink bandage and an orange bracelet that she was just tickled pink over. 

After we left there we went back to the office to have her bag removed but she had not peed.  They gave me a cup so that I could empty her bag if she filled it and we were at home.  We then went to have lunch with Daddy, after that we went shopping so that we wouldn't have to go home. Once the bag was full we went back to the Dr.'s to have it removed.  When we went back the nurse informed me that the x-rays were normal.  Yay, that's great news, but wait her pain has to be coming from somewhere so I am not so sure it is that great...  If the x-rays are normal should I worry that there is something wrong with her blood work?  God is good and will pull us through, we could always use your prayers though. 

Now we just wait...But keep in mind that "Jesus loves Addie". 

No comments: