Saturday, April 30, 2011

1 and 2 Months

So as you may be able to tell I have been a little behind lately on my Blogging, forgive me for I am now a full fledged mother of 2.  Cara, like her sister has been an absolute joy, such a blessing.  She has had a much worse time with the Reflux than Addie did so we have had to learn to do a lot of stuff differently.  I thought really that I would have everything down pat having done this all before, but nothing, I repeat nothing is the same.  This said, we are actually living the new parent life again, but loving it just as much as the first go 'round if not more!

I would say as far as sleeping is concerned the first week home was the hardest, but after that Cara pretty much settled in to a routine on her own, now she goes to sleep between 8:45pm and 9:45pm (usually closer to the beginning of that time frame) and sleeps until 2am or 2:30am.  She eats and goes back down until around 5:30am.  I can usually get her to go back down for another hour or so but even still she will quietly lay in her bassinet and let me sleep in a bit more. 

She is such a wonderful baby, hardly cries, unless she is really hungry or if her reflux is really acting up.  We have gotten her on Prevacid Suspension and it seems to be helping although she still has episodes now and then.  It is very scary and I will be thankful when she doesn't have to go through all of it anymore.  I hate to wish the time away, but I just want her to be able to be comfortable. 

At her 1 month check up she weighed 9lbs 15oz which is in the 67th percentile and measured 21 3/4 inches which is 74th percentile.  Looks like we are gonna have another tall one on our hands.  Her head circumference is in the 50th percentile at 37 1/4cm.  I looked back in Addie's baby book today and she is right on track to be exactly 2lbs heavier than Addie, but I believe that her height will be right on.  Still have the 2 most beautiful girls ever!  

3 days before she turned 1 month she smiled for the first time, if I can't say anything else I can at least say that both of my girls each smiled their first smiles at me.  On her 1 month birthday she started cooing and it is so awesome being able to "talk" to my little angel!  Just this evening I think we spent about 5 min just going back and forth with each other, it was so great.  Last week she started recognizing the objects on her play gym so I put the bear mobile on her swing Monday and she seems to be enjoying looking at them as well. 

I have heard her on a couple of different occasions smile out loud, I don't think they were true laughs because I don't recall Addie laughing until she was 3 months or so, so for right now I am just considering them as smiles with sound behind them.  It's rare, but so heart filling when it does happen.  She has a beautiful smile too, with one perfectly placed dimple on her right cheek. 

So Cara had her 2 month well visit this past Monday weighing a whopping 11lbs 7oz and 23 inches long.  However her head circumference was only 37 1/2 cm which dropped her down to the 25th percentile.  This slightly worried me, but I am trying to keep my obsessions under wrap a little better, so I am praying a lot.  Praying that God gives me the faith to relax and trust that everything will be okay.  Her eye started running again the night before, Dr. Wiley cultured it and it came back as viral strep, so we are back on anti-biotic ointment for her eye, hopefully it will work this go round.


It's been an amazing 2 months so very sad to think that there is only one month to go before I have to go back to work.  With that said I am trying to soak up as much as I can before I have to leave her every morning.  Which makes me even more thankful that I have such a wonderful mother that takes care of my girls here at the house.  That way I can have a break in the middle of the day to come home and love on them that helps get me through the rest of the day.  Loving my little 2 month old so much!

No comments: