Tuesday, February 15, 2011

38 Weeks

Today is my dear husband's 31st birthday, how wonderful it would be to be able to birth our daughter today.  Depressing enough when I went to the dr I am still only 2 cm dilated with a high thick cervix.  So even though the dr. said that that really didn't matter because I have had a baby before and I could go into labor this afternoon for all he knew I am not feeling it.  I gained 1.5 lbs this week, am measuring good (not too big, not too small), she didn't tell me my blood pressure so I am guessing it is good.  Cara's heart rate was steady at 121 and he seemed ok with that, even though it makes me a bit nervous.  I guess I am just getting anxious so every little thing is worrying me. 

Addie is getting really good at putting her face up to my belly and yelling "come out baby Cara, come out!"  Yet like a little sister Cara is really good at ignoring what her big sister wants her to do.  So as it stands now we are still waiting, sorry to disappoint all that thought we would go early, but this one I think wants to stay in until the end.  Hopefully she won't end up being colicky (needing that 4th trimaster). 

We have made plans for the weekend, not to mention meetings that I have scheduled this week, so maybe that will help her make her decision. 

No comments: