Friday, September 10, 2010

Big Sister

So as many of you may already know by now our little Addie Mae is going to be a big sister in February!  We are very excited about this new arrival into our little family, God has blessed us beyond words.  I just don't really know what to say about everything thus far.  We are so elated, yet it still really hasn't hit us yet I believe, every once in a while I will think about all that is about to happen but in our day to day sometimes I forget that we are even expecting.

Addie does know that there is a baby in mommy's belly but doesn't understand exactly what that entails.  When we went for our initial OB visit, they did a sonogram so while we were waiting to see the Dr., Chris sent our parents a picture of the little bean.   Well my mom showed Addie the picture and told her what it was a picture of, since then every time Addie sees my mom's phone laying on the table she pics it up, brings it to her and asks to see the baby.  Boy does she love looking at that picture of the baby too, she will take the phone with her get up on the couch and sit there and just stare at it.  Almost studying the picture, she points to it and just gets so excited over the baby. 

I am so amazed with this little girl and how she seems to be taking everything.  I know that she really doesn't understand that there is going to be another person living with us soon, but when I am not feeling well and laying on the couch, she is so good about taking care of me.  She will bring me her animals or fix me something to eat and feed it to me(pretend of course).  Sometimes she will even get her lovey and lay down on the couch and cuddle with me, that really helps me feel better more than anything else. 

So some facts on the bean or more so an apple by now; due February 27, 2011(not a leap year), we are calling it Kazoo until we find out the sex (October 6th) and in case you aren't familiar who The Great Kazoo is, he is the little green alien that follows Fred Flintstone around.  We had our 15 week check up this past Wednesday and the doctor says that everything looks great!  My blood pressure was 90/60, I measured 14cm, the heartbeat sounded great, very strong, the doppler that she used was an old one so it didn't gauge the rate of the beat but she said with her experience  if she had to guess she would say it was around 145/150 and despite the 10 lbs that I have lost since finding out that I was pregnant she was more than happy with my weight. 

Last year my cousin got into this sonography study for students at Wake Med. and she forwarded me the info, I called and got accepted in as well!!!  So on Wednesday next week should have some pictures to show everyone!!!  We are super excited, It's at Baptist Hospital so I will be scanned by the instructor and then each student after that so we should get lots of sweet little portraits! 

No comments: