Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again...

I can't believe it has been 12 weeks already, boy the time sure did fly by, but as fast as it all went so much happened, here is a recap...

Addie had her first trip to Richmond, and to the Beach. She had her first smile, and her first laugh. She was dedicated and Mommy got to celebrate her first Mommy's Day. Daddy changed his first poopie diaper all by himself. Mommy joined a gym so she will only have the baby to show for it all. Addie is starting to pull up to sit (with assistance), she loves sitting up and even standing! Daddy and Addie have developed a bond that nobody will ever be able to penetrate (not even Mommy). Addie made it to 12lbs!! Addie learned to recognize her song, Mommy's voice, and Daddy's face. Addie went to her first ribfest. Booskers is the same.

Well I have been back to work for a week now and I can't really tell you how I feel about everything exactly...

I love being back at work, most of everything has come back to me, and I am very confident with my speed again. I feel useful, I am bringing in a paycheck again to help support my family (although my first one was only $35, lol, OUCH!) I am doing something with my day and that feels good too instead of just sitting around all day. I hate not being with my little girl, I feel like I don't know her anymore. She is changing so fast and so much and I have only been gone a week...But I know that we will get into a routine I can see one beginning, so it should be just around the corner. The days that Chris has off they spend the whole day playing together, running errands, singing, and just being Daddy and Addie. I am thankful for that, because Addie reacts to him so well, she loves those days, as does Daddy. Life would be good if Chris could be a stay at home dad, on his days when I come home for lunch, he has lunch made for us, and then dinner in the evenings, all the while keeping a perfectly happy baby. What a man!

God has truly blessed me with a wonderful family!! Chris was made to be a Daddy, just as I feel I was made to be a Mommy. I keep her healthy, he keeps her happy. Hopefully the next 12 weeks will be as wonderful as the first.

No comments: