Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sweet Adeline

























































































































Ok so most of you know by now that our Precious Addie Mae was born. March 25, 2009. At 9:56am the most beautiful angel on earth was placed in my arms for the first time ever. How could I have ever imagined that something so amazing could be given to me to keep. Chris and I are absolutely in Awe over this blessing that has been bestowed upon us. Wow God really knows what He is doing, not that I ever doubted Him, but if we have ever been reassured, it was at this particular moment in time and that moment will stand still in our hearts forever.



So here is how it all went down:


On Tuesday evening after returning home from dinner at my Sister-In-Law's house, I went to go take my shower to prepare for work the next day. I sat down on the toilet, did my business, but low and behold it didn't stop!!! I was shocked, not knowing what to do I called Chris...Well Chris being the smarty pants that he is, came back there expecting something dumb needless to say he didn't have much pep in his step to find out what I needed. I was like uh I think my water just broke, and he in disbelief asked if I had just peed well I said that I was already done and right at that moment more water started gushing out of me. He freaked, he was like oh my goodness, what are we gonna do, well I was just as freaked as him. I was, who knows how long from having a baby, I mean did he really expect me to be calm and collected and to be able to give HIM direction on what to do?? So I just started rattling things off that were in my head, things that I had been running through my head for weeks in preparation for this very moment, of course they were pretty much coming out all jumbled together. We were both going in circles, to think back on it now it was rather kinda funny, well actually I did stop to laugh during all the commotion a few times. Luckily I had our bags packed... One of the girls in our Sunday School class had sent me an e-mail a few weeks before with a list of things that she needed while she was in the hospital to have her son last year. What a life saver that was, so we were somewhat prepared. He called the Dr. I waddled back and forth with the water steady flowing down my legs getting everything put together to go out to the car, and then found a seat in the recliner (on a towel of course, a beach towel that is) having no contractions (or contraptions as Chris likes to call it) I turned on the TV. What else was I gonna do, it took the nurse FOREVER to call us back, I mean it wasn't like we were having a baby or anything... When she finally called back Chris had to answer all these protocol questions which I might add he was not very happy about, I won't tell how that conversation went...Just for her to come back and say it seems as though she is in labor and you should get to the hospital as soon as possible. WHAT are you kidding me I could have told you that!! So off we went...



Here is the irony to it all, weeks ago Chris' Grandma said straight up "she will be born on the 24th", well for months my mom has said she thought she would be born on the 25th (which is my cousin's little girl's birthday). So on my way home from work that evening I was on the phone talking to Chris and we were talking about how his Grandma was incorrect, then jokingly I said well she still has like 5hrs and some odd min. (little did I know). So I guess they were both kinda right. The whole way to the hospital I just kept laughing and saying "I can't believe your Grandma!" "I hold her fully responsible" not that I was unhappy at all!! Everything couldn't have worked out MORE perfectly!


So after almost 13hrs of labor this beautiful child was born, it was the most amazing 13hrs of my life, and the results well they were just phenomenal.
She weighed 7lbs 11oz, and was 21in long.
BTW Chris was the best coach ever! He was such a great support, he was thoughtful of my pain (I really think though that he was in pain along with me), he woke up numerous times during the night to check on me (with the drugs I was on, I was doing just fine, but it was the thought). When I started pushing, he was right there helping me, counting, talking me through every bit of it. Then when Addie came out he cut the umbilical cord, stayed right beside her while they cleaned her off, and weighed her. His daddy instincts kicked right in immediately and they have yet to cease. I think that Addie and I are two of the luckiest girls on earth, but then again is it really luck at all? (I think not)


So I would like for everyone to meet Adeline Maize...






























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is sssoooo beautiful! Congrats you guys!!!! Can't wait to meet her!