Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Settling In

Well I guess it's safe to say that we are up to date now on the Hughes' history... So here is an update for the last 2 months. In May my Dr. started us on fertility treatments, being that we are having such trouble conceiving again. Then I went back about 4 weeks ago to get some blood drawn to find out my progesterone levels, and was informed that I had been diagnosed with PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, basically infertility, My body, with out medicinal assistance will not produce an egg healthy enough to create a baby. Talk about a slug to the chest! Although this new information did hit us hard we started thinking that if we can't be biological parents then we will be parents of a different sort, because we both know that we need to have kids in our lives to be fulfilled. Of course we do still have a Booskers and he is such a wonderful blessing, but we still want children. Now we aren't gonna stop trying, like everyone automatically assumes, but if it's not in our plan then it's not in our plan, and we are not gonna waste our lives away worrying about it. After allot of praying about this Chris and I have decided that it would be in our best interest for Chris to go back to school and finish his degree in Youth Ministries. That way if we are unable to conceive and maintain a pregnancy then we will be the parents of a bunch of kids, they just won't have our genes. Since making this decision EVERYTHING has completely fallen in our laps. Kinda like God was just waiting for us to pick up on the path He laid. Chris was able to resume his application status at Piedmont, take a demotion, drop down to part time, and receive his acceptance letter within a 2 week span. All I have to say about that is that when God has a plan and you accept to faithfully follow Him, He will make things happen that you could never imagine. Chris and I couldn't be more happy with the outcome so far, although we know it is not gonna be an easy ride, we are having a blast! It is such a blessing just sitting back and watching all of these changes take place in our lives effortlessly.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Amanda, I'm loving reading your blog entries. And I'm still working on getting that top picture to look better, I just have to find someone that can help me a little. I do hope that you and Chris get pregnant soon!

The Hughes' said...

Hey Court, thank you. I just figured out how to read my comments. Sorry.