Tuesday, December 18, 2012

In Addition

I just had to add something else to Cara's progress, since I posted that last post she has really started streaming words together!  She walked up to me the other night put her hands in the air and said "pick me up!"  forget two word sentences she is all over talking almost complete sentences,  now she does get lazy when she is irritated and refuses to talk properly, but I am really not gonna complain since she is doing so well anyway.  Everybody should be able to slack off sometimes.  She brought me her milk cup this morning and told me "more milk, please." 

That being said she is doing awesome with her manners too!  She will say excuse me (used to be excufee) when she burps of passes gas usually without prompting.  She says thanks almost always without prompting when someone gives her something and please, well peeese she uses that one as leverage, I think.  When she wants candy for breakfast (which is almost every morning) she will pull out the longest sweetest PEEEEESE!!!  Not a chance!  It is so sweet and ALWAYS puts a smile on my face, but no candy for breakfast!  She will sit down  in the floor then pat the floor next to her and look at me and say "sit down here".  Her Yes Ma'am and Yes Sir are intermittent, but it really tugs at your heart strings when you are calling her down for something and you say "do you understand me?" then this sweet little "ys'm" comes out. 

She can tell you where Mommy works at  "le a cy"  and we are currently working on where Daddy works "far O". 

I love talking to this little girl!  She will repeat just about anything you say and usually it is right on.  The other night Chris was trying to get her to say Supercalifragelistic,  it was cute,  I need to get that on video.

No comments: