Sunday, September 18, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes.

Standing in the kitchen making dinner... Daddy walks in and turns around and walks out.

Addie- where'd daddy go?

Mommy- to get the baby monitor

Addie- what about the Addie monitor?




As we pull into BRU.

Addie- shhh baby cara is asleep

Mommy- that's right you are such a good big sister.

Addie- mmm hmm, yes I am

Mommy-  a great big sister

Addie- no I a genius

Mommy- that you are, a genius

Addie-no I a princess

Oh my where does she come up with this stuff!

For those of you that may not know I am so not on the whole bandwagon of calling my daughters princesses I think it is way misleading and I feel that's some way may give them a complex.  So I have no explanation as to why this would have come out of her mouth.  I will admit I have called her a genius on many many occasions and yes when I ask her what mommy thinks she is, she answers genius, but that is very much a true statement. I do believe that she is on some sort of genius level, princess she is not, I mean if she was we certainly would not be in the place we are currently at.

Then after bath tonight she tells me that she is a princess and I am a queen...  I dunno, maybe it is that I have really embraced the whole Disney princess thing, I didn't want to in the beginning but it is hard not to you know...But at least the knows the royalty order.

No comments: