Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mother's Day and Beach Wedding

Mother's Day weekend we had the honor of being a part of our best friends' wedding.  Dustin and Sabrina are our very best friends and we are thrilled that they have finally tied the knot!  They did so at Ocean Isle Beach on May 7, 2011 with our very own Christopher Hughes Officiating!  Right after the news of their engagement Chris decided to get ordained in the hopes that they would allow him to officiate. 

After months of planning and looking forward to all of the festivities the time came and we had a wedding!  What a beautiful wedding it was!  The weather couldn't have been more perfect, the guys and girls looked great, everything was put together so nicely (kinda made me wanna do it all over again).  The bride, well what can I say, she was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen!! 

Addie needed to make herself known (obviously) and wouldn't you believe it would be in the middle of the quietest part of the ceremony!  While Sabrina and Dustin were pouring the sand (instead of lighting a unity candle) she runs down the middle of the isle crying "MOMMY".  OMG, I couldn't believe it, but what can you do?  Everyone has that "thing" that happens during their wedding that just cuts the nervous tension and our little girl just so happened to be that for the Allen's. 












It was a great weekend for the wedding, lots of fun festivities!  Mama and Daddy made the (cup)cake(s), YUM, so they came also which really helped out come time for the ceremony.  Mama was able to watch the girls(well until Addie did her thing) so that I could take pictures it was a great help!

OH WAIT!  Did I mention that Chris also played the ceremony music.  He was a one man show!!  So proud of my man!

During that weekend we also were able to take just Addie out to the beach so that she could have some Mommy/Daddy time.  She had a blast, loved every minute of it, I thought that she would get upset over the sand or the waves, nope neither of them bothered her one bit.  Now she is hooked constantly talking about going to the beach. 

It was a great Mother's Day weekend being able not only to spend Mother's Day with my two beautiful little girls but also with my most wonderful mother.  It is so great to be blessed with a mother that sacrifices so much for me and my family, I just don't know how to ever show her how much she really means to me.  Not only do I have such a good role model I am working on modeling for two little bits of preciousness of my own!  It is an honor to be called mother.  It's like a beautiful song being played to just me when I hear "MOMMY"  in that sweet little voice from the other room and even though the little one can't say my name yet, I know when she is calling me.  It's a mommy thing...

No comments: