Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5 Months




For starters let me say, MAN is it hard to keep this thing up with 2!!  I can't believe that our littlest is 5 months old!  As of her 4 month check-up which was actually at 4 1/2 months she weighed 14 lbs 10oz which just so happens to be exactly 1lb heavier than Addie at this age, she was 25 1/2 inches long(1.5 in longer than Addie) and her head circumference was 40 cm(right on).  I like comparing the two to see how alike/different they are.  Again, as I am sure I have said many times in the past,  I am still just simply amazed at how all of this works.  God is so AWEsome!! 

So far Cara has already rolled over both ways, but has really mastered rolling from her back to her front.  I have seen her make a few complete rolls(back, front, back), but have yet to be able to get it on video. She has found herself in the mirror, learned how to reach out and grab a toy and found her feet.  She gets up on her knees and on her hands pretty well but never at the same time, I think though that she will be crawling sooner than Addie if not for anything else but than to be mobile like her sister.  She knows her name well and snaps when she hears it.  I was talking to her the other day and said something about Daddy and she turned her head and looked right at Chris!  She also should have at least 2 teeth any day now!  Lots of things happening all at once!!  I forgot how exciting this stage was!! 

This little one does not, however like to be laying down, she does little baby crunches every time we try and lay her flat.  My mom thinks that she will be sitting up on her own in no time, she has actually almost done it on a few occasions.  Now if I sit her up she can stay up on her own for a good bit(at minimum the length of the ABC song) without any support.  She has gotten really good at stabilizing herself.  I think that she would probably be father along than what she is now but she doesn't get much floor time because she has a 2 yr old big sister running around all over the place.  But for what she is doing, she is doing well and I am one proud Mama. 

She is a talker, more than I think her sister was, but that was a long time ago, it is so cute to watch Cara try and talk to Addie.  She just adores her big sister, loves her like it is no body's business!  She will strain as hard as she can to see her wherever she goes!!  It is no use trying to get her to even eat a bottle if Addie is anywhere around,  she is just way too interested in what she is doing.  She has got this smile that just pierces you, her blue eyes just sparkle with each smile and that laugh, well there's nothing like it! 

We have tried to get her on solids since I went back to work hoping that it would help her to sleep longer, failing at each try, but finally we have gotten on a schedule and I think that she is actually getting to the point where she somewhat likes dinner time.  She still is no where near the eater that Addie was ( not that, that really seems to be affecting her) but we are getting there.  She is sleeping through the night from about 8:30 to 5:30/45  which is great, we would like for it to be a little longer in the morning, but we will take what we get!  This week we started sleep training, trying to teach her to sooth herself to sleep.  We let Addie go too long being held and rocked to sleep every night and it was a huge thing trying to get her to sleep on her own and we want to try and avoid having bedtime being so hard again if we can. 

I think those are all the updates that I have on Cara at the moment, or at least all that my poor damaged brain can put together, hopefully I will be able to get some more entries posted soon!

No comments: