Wednesday, September 29, 2010

18 months

So our Addie Mae is now a year and a half, where oh were has the time gone!!!  It has morphed into a beautiful collage of wonderful memories with each passing moment.  She has a vocabulary of over 100 words and seems to pick at least 1 new one up a day, she has been very receptive to learning new things.  As you may have seen in my previous post that she also seems to be taking in her "My Baby Can Read" very well.  She can recognize some of the animal words and a few action words on occasion she has read some words out loud so she is showing progress with them.  She is very active, loves playing and mimicking what we do.  She shows interest in her big girl bed, but we aren't pushing it quite yet.  She has used the potty when we brought her to it a number of times, but she is starting to come to us with out any prompting now.  My mom says that she will regress when the baby gets here, but if she is ready I don't see that it is beneficial to her development if we wait, just because there is a baby on the way.  So we are not prompting anymore, but if she comes to us, we are not stopping her.  Like always she is still just the happiest baby/big girl around, of course she does have her moments when those terrible twos take over, but really it is NOTHING like I had anticipated it to be and that is for the better. 

We had our 18 month well visit on Monday this week and like usual we got a perfect report.  We also found out that most everything is just me, but everyone probably already knew that.  I worry like crazy and as Dr. Wiley said I pay a lot of attention to every little detail, guilty.  Addie is 33 inches tall and she weighs in at 23lbs.  So even if she doesn't grow any more(which she probably will) before her 2nd birthday she will probably be as tall as her daddy or maybe just an inch or two shorter, but she will definitely either way be taller than me.  Not that I would even care if she was short like me(because I find nothing wrong with it and actually have enjoyed not having to worry about being too tall), but maybe she can avoid any "short people" critisisim  that could possibly come her way in the future.  So like I was saying one more inch will put her at 5'7" which is model height, only God knows what our future holds though.  She wasn't able to get her Hep A shot because they were out, but she did get her seasonal/h1n1 flu shot and I am proud to say that my big girl didn't even flinch!  No whimper, no cry, you wouldn't have even known that anyone touched her!

So Happy 1 1/2 year birthday Addie Mae, you are the best!! Mommy and Daddy love you very much, you are such a blessing!!

No comments: