Wednesday, February 17, 2010

False Alarm

So yesterday Chris and Addie came up to the CU to see me, I went out to the front to meet them and Chris was talking to one of my co-workers, so I took Addie to the back to see my boss. She had a little girl, Haley, just a month and a day before Addie Mae was born. So I was walking Addie in there (she was holding my hand) well somehow I was able to let go of her hand, and just support her from the back. Well Jennifer squatted down to see her and low and behold Addie took two steps toward her with NO SUPPORT!!! I was as proud as any mommy could get, the feeling alone was awesome. I was shaking, my heart was racing, I couldn't stop smiling, yet I wanted to cry(the feeling only a mother knows). Did I mention I couldn't stop pacing, OMG, really...






I haven't been able to get her to do it since, so maybe she won't be walking by her birthday. Oh well, it doesn't make me love her any less. Actually I love her more!! The only word that comes to mind is unconditional. I am so proud of her.

No comments: