Thursday, January 8, 2009

Week 27





















Well lets see, in week 25 I believe that yoda had her first case of the hiccups. It was kinda fun, she wasn't kicking but every few seconds she would jump. How sweet is she!!

Christmas for us was great! We had so many of them. When we got up Christmas morning we opened Santa gifts, boy we must have been really good this year. Of course I already have what I wanted. Last year I asked for a baby, and I guess that is just such a big present that it took a year to get it to me. Lets see I also got an awesome new camera to take many many pics of our littlest angel when she arrives (can't wait!!). Chris got some video games, and movies and stuff ( I don't think he was as good as me, lol...) No he has been wonderful, but earlier in the year he got a truck. That was supposed to be his Christmas present, but you can't hide those very well you know... Of course there is the Hughes tradition of munchkins on Christmas morning, and well lets just say me in the condition im in, I wasn't complaining. So we ate those while opening presents, then of course Chris had to play one of his video games. He did that while I took my shower. After we got everything cleaned up, we headed to the next stop...


Oh before that Sheetz was giving away free cofee all day long, so we made a pit stop first (I got decaf). Mama and Daddy's was next, when we got there we hung out for a while, then we ate GOOOOOOD. After which we opened more presents. We got allot of good stuff there too. Chris got a new bible, one that he has been wanting for a while, The new ESV it is supposed to be the word for word translation of the greek translation. I got some much needed maternity clothes, and some stuff for Yoda.


Then home we went. Our next Christmas wasn't until Sat. the 27th. On the Hanes side of the family (my Mom's side) we switch off every year as to which house we are having Christmas at. This year was our year. We had a blast! Chris and I really like entertaining, we just don't get around to it much. Of course I perfer just entertaining like family, and maybe some really close friends, but me being the way I am I have to make sure that I am in control of every situation. So we started with lunch, and I must say that I think we had more food then what we had on Christmas Day, weird huh? Well It doesn't matter which side of our family you go to Food is usually the key thing. Man that food was GOOOOD too. Then we opened MORE presents. We do Dirty Santa with that side, so it wasn't like a free for all or anything, but it was great fun. I did however get the cutest outfits from my cousin and her family for the baby. I can't wait to see what she looks like in them!! It was a great day altogether, food, games, gifts. Plus we got to reveal the newest addition to our house...Our NEW DECK.

Of course the new deck wasn't much of a surprise being that I ruined it prematurely. Ok so we got this awesome quote to build a deck onto the back of our house, this was including labor, matrials, and cutting a door. We just couldn't pass up the opportunity, especially since we had been talking about building a deck for sometime. So we put the balls in motion, and 2 days later we had finally accomplished our first real project on our house.

So we had agreed not to tell anyone, since Christmas was gonna be held at our house for both sides, and it was going pretty smoothly. Then Chris decided he was gonna allow me to get onto the internet late at night(BIG MISTAKE). I mean given yet again the pregnant state I am in (with not so many brain cells) and the hour being 9:30 or so, I really can't be blamed for what was to happen next.

So I was thinking about how I hadn't posted pics in a while to my myspace and facebook, so I decided to go ahead and do so. Since Im usually not in the mood to do all of that I figured I better go ahead while I was willing. I found the most adorable pics of the Booskers and couldn't help but to share them with everyone else, he is so sweet and all... Unfortunately he was on the deck. Well I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for all of you people who are constantly on the internet harping into other peoples lives, to just happen by my page or what have you and see these pics. Then instead of leaving well enough alone you all had to start asking questions, making comments, and phone calls, oh the phone calls... Then I get blamed for it all!!! Well as you can clearly see I could not have been at fault here. SO needless to say well, Booskers was out of the bag.


Our Final, but not least Christmas celebration was this past weekend when Chris' parents came into town. So we did the munchkin thing again (Of course no problem here) gatherd around the tree for one last time until next year, or later on this year, and proceeded to open yep you got it even more gifts!!! I tell you we really hit the jackpot this year. I mean it is such a blessing to be able not only to spend the Christmas holiday with all of our family, but to be able to outwardly celebrate our savior's birth too. Hailey (our neice) was so much fun to watch, this year was her very first Christmas, she really liked the tissue paper the most, but next year will just be so entertaining to see her actually get into opening gifts and stuff. She got allot of cool stuff this year too, lets just say Jenny and Steve won't have to buy toys for quite a while. We aslo ate, played games, and just had a jolly ole time.


On New Years Eve we had our glucose screening test, that was fun, they starved me. But other than that it wasn't too bad. Everyone I had talked to with exception of like 2 people said that it was gonna be the worst stuff I ever drank, I didn't think it was so bad, tasted like kool-aid (fruit punch flavor). We heard the heartbeat again, and the Dr. said that everything sounded good. This past Monday we got the results back and all of my levels were good, so I don't have to go back for the second test YAY!(which is what I think everyone was thinking about when they told me the drink was so bad) So until next time...

Surprisingly enough Yoda and I stayed up until the ball dropped, while Daddy slept on the floor. I just new for sure I would be knocked out by 7:30, but I guess I just needed to bring in the year that I will become a Mommy all the way.

New Years Day is David's (Our Oldest Nephew) birthday, so every year we have the traditioinal, Ribs, Collards, and Pintos(Love it Love it Love it). We also go a bit further, because we have a brithday to celebrate. This year he turned 12, I can't believe he has gotten so old! I still remember the day he was born, just like it was yesterday. Of course that doesn't say much here lately. Boy I sound old, not cool! But seriously, he's gonna be driving in 3 years!!! EEEgad!!!!

So far in the past few weeks, Yoda has found my sciatic nerve, my bladder, and so many other nerves, as well as organs that I didn't know I had. I love it!! It couldn't be more exciting!!! One thing I will say though I probably would be ok if she backed off my colon a bit. But whatever makes her happy, makes me happy. So we did however reveal her name over the holiday to the family. I just don't think we are quite ready to fully let it out. We are still tossing things around, but stay tuned, it wont be long.

Last night I pre-registered with the hospital, that was exciting. So now it's final were gonna have a baby, and now we have a place to do so. In march we are gonna learn how to breastfeed, and in April we have a place to have her. All we need now is to learn how to have her, learn about where we are gonna have her, and um im not sure what else. But thats what's in the queue for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda!
I am so excited for you both! Can't wait till we get to come and visit you guys again. Hopefully you will have your little girl ready for a visit by then! Call me sometime!
~Anna~